Sunday, April 24, 2011

Just Do Something...

So, my sister recently bought a book called "Just Do Something: A Liberating Approach To Finding God's Will - Or- How To Make A Decision Without Dreams, Visions, Fleeces, Impressions, Open Doors, Random Bible Verses, Casting Lots, Liver Shivers, Writing In The Sky, etc." And I am only on page 26 and I already feel convicted about the way I approach "finding" the will of God. And I have realized that maybe my approach is not really all that biblical. More on the book once I am done reading it, but here is a good quote:
"God is not a magic 8-Ball we shake up and peer into whenever we have a decision to make. He is a good God who gives us brains, shows us the way of obedience, and invites us to take risks for Him. We know God has a plan for our lives. That's wonderful. The problem is we think He's going to tell us the wonderful plan before it unfolds. We feel like we can know-and need to know-what God wants every step of the way. But such preoccupation with finding God's will, as well-intentioned as the desire may be, is more folly than freedom. The better way is the biblical way: Seek first the kingdom of God, and then trust that He will take care of our needs, even before we know what they are and where we're going."

No comments:

Post a Comment