Thursday, March 10, 2011

40 days...

Falling on my knees in worship
Giving all I am to seek your face
Lord all I am is yours

-Came To My Recuse, Hillsong

I've decided what I am doing for Lent. Although its mainly a Catholic practice, the idea of Lent is really great and I want to make use of it. The 40 days before the resurrection, we are to give up something (fast) because Christ gave up His life for us. That is so beautiful, and so I am going to do so as well.

Although most people give up something, I have decided to add something instead. I am going to commit to reading at least one chapter of the bible a day, and keep a journal about what God teaches me through the process. I always seem to find 'more important' things to do than read God' s word, and I really want to develop the habit of being drenched in the word of God all the time! I talk about wanting to know Christ more, but how can I do so if I am not reading my bible daily and seeking His heart?  I know that I experience Christ in my relationships with others and serving and loving the poor, broken, etc, and so I intend to intentionally focus on those things as well! I find that sometimes I allow anxiety and self-consciousness to prevent me from really being a part of community. But if I truly want to surrender my life to Christ-- these are some things that I need to do!

If anything, my highest dream for my life is to be completely surrendered to Christ and to go where He leads me with a joyful heart! I have such a long way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment