Monday, March 21, 2011

Pre- Trip Reflection

During the Compassion Trip Training Weekend, we were asked to listen to  God and write down our thoughts, impressions etc. We would be given them back after the trip. I totally forgot about this, and was surprised when I read it. Most of it is just questions that were up on the screen, but they are so thought-provoking...

Do you feel like God is distant?
Do you wish God's voice would be louder in your life?
Is there a connection between the amount of noise in our lives and our ability to hear God?

"Be still and know that I am God"

If I am not still, and I do not listen, how is Jesus going to give me rest?

Do I spend the same amount of time worrying about my problems as I do listening to what God might have to say?

Does my schedule, my life look like someone who wants to hear God's voice?

Compassion? (not sure what I was getting at with this one... :P)

How does God want to use me to help shape others?

How can I create space for God to speak clearly in my life?

How has God equipped me to serve this team?

- prayer?

What do I want my spirit to be focused on leading into this trip?

- Keep my eyes focused on Christ. It isn't about my personal holiness or character change. It's about God's glory and grace.

Why has God called me to this opportunity?

- Teach me how to serve, to not care that I am insignificant, to serve and pour out myself for God's glory and to love others.

- TO BE FEARLESS AND TRUST GOD COMPLETELY

How do I walk with the Holy Spirit?
  How do I keep my gaze on Christ?

- surrender, trust, and wait on God

How is God trying to shape and transform my life?

- Give me courage!

"You have not given me a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline" - 2 Tim 1:7

When I am lonely, upset, even bored -- turn to Christ.

Help me to hide my heart in You and to not try to impress others or win love. You love me as I am. You are fairer than the sons of men.

To challenge me...to show me His heart. My future is in His hands.

Humbly serving Christ...

Is there something stealing my joy in Christ?
- anxiety
- feelings of inadequacy
-  laziness?

No comments:

Post a Comment